JOB POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Date: 5 December 2023
Apply by: 24 December 2023
Start date: immediate
Location: Geneva (with occasional remote) @ SDG Solution Space, EPFL Innovation Park
Contact: send resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Open Geneva
Open Geneva is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting and stimulating open innovation. With the Collective Intelligence First initiative, Open Geneva is pioneering collaborative knowledge production via collective intelligence and citizen participation. The objective is to concretely address significant challenges related to climate change, environment, technology, and society, as well as position and promote Geneva as a key platform to practice collective intelligence programs.
We’re looking for
We are seeking a talented and energetic communications manager with a passion for innovation to help us build the brand and the content of Open Geneva and its Collective Intelligence First program. This person will be directly involved in the creation, planning and execution of online campaigns. We are a small team of 3 full-time, working very much as a startup. This is a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunities to learn, be creative and gain critical experience.
The position is based in Geneva, full-time and reports directly to Open Geneva’s Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement communication strategies to build and enhance the brand of the Collaborative Intelligence First program.
- Craft narratives that will allow the brand to resonate with the existing Open Geneva community as well as a larger audience.
- Create content, including written materials, videos, and other assets, for social media platforms, newsletters, and other communication channels.
- Oversee and manage social media accounts to promote the program, drive engagement, and foster a sense of community.
- Monitor campaigns, report on metrics and adjust strategy accordingly to optimize impact.
- Assist with event planning and organization.
- Prepare pitch materials for key partners.
- Act as a liaison between the program, international organizations and other strategic partners.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing field preferred.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Strong interest in the fields of technological innovation and the media (good knowledge of AI platforms).
- Familiarity with international organizations and a global mindset.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in digital media, video, mobile, display, social platforms (including basic graphic design and video editing skills).
- Capacity to learn quickly, think on the fly and self-teach as required.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 24 December
Start date: immediate